Back to top of page⌃
- Donovan Group established by Graham Donovan, with a focus on industrial electrical automation, including manufacturing of meter boxes, distribution boards and switch boards.
- Investment is made in manufacturing CNC automation.
- Brett Donovan (Graham’s eldest son) joins the company.
- Brett expands the industrial automation and manufacturing business.
- Donovan Group expands into OEM manufacturing of structural building products.
- Donovan Group begins manufacturing under licence for Fair Dinkum, Pryda, Ramset and Reids.
- Kyle Donovan (Graham’s youngest son) joins Donovan Group.
- Donovan Group patents the first element of its pre-engineered building system, the Bracketless Portal System.
- An expanded manufacturing base is established to include connection components for Shed Boss, Widespan and KiwiSpan.
- Donovan Group pioneers the use of Friction Stir Welding in Australasia.
- Donovan Group uses technology for pioneering work on New Zealand OPV and IPV Naval vessels and wins a New Zealand Defence Force award for Industry Excellence.
- Donovan Group’s commercial pre-engineered building system is launched.
- Shed Fix launched as Donovan Group’s fastening products supplier.
- The first The Barn Company franchise is sold.
- Donovan Group shifts focus exclusively to the construction industry.
- Design Station is launched as an engineering and detailing provider for Donovan Group.
- Donovan Group internalises all software development.
- Web viable version of uTecture is launched through the Coresteel Buildings network.
- Shed Fix Ltd brand dis-established and rebranded to sit within Modern Building Product.